Learn to practice the pranayama of the humming bee in 5 steps
Increase your brain power with Humming Bee Breathing 🐝
The Humming Bee Breathing is one the pranayama exercises rooted in yoga philosophy. The great thing about breathing exercises is that you can practice them anytime and anywhere.
How to practice the Humming Bee Breathing
- Lift your hands and gently place your thumbs on the tragus of your ears, the small pointed eminence.
- Close your eyes and gently place your finger tips on your face, keeping them relaxed.
- Your index fingers on your forehead or eyebrows.
- Your middle fingers on the corner of your eyes
- Your ring fingers above your lips (leave your nostrils open)
- Your pinky fingers below your lips.
- Inhale through the nose with your mouth closed.
- Exhale through the nose while making a soft humming sound at the back of the throat.
- Inhale/exhale this way for 6 to 10 times.
🐝 🌺🌷🌸 🐝
How do you feel now?
The effects of the Humming Bee Breathing
- Helps calm the mind
- Releases negative emotions like anger, agitation, frustration, and anxiety
- Improves concentration and memory
- Builds confidence
Would you like to practice yoga with someone, whereby one person can sit on the yoga mat and the other on the chair? Check out our Online Chair Yoga, with 10 yoga classes.